A parting shot on "Anti-Immigration" legislation
Don't know if I'm going to be able to keep this blogging thing going with any regularity much longer. No, no hystrionics or flailing, arm-draped-across-forehead hyperbole. I've now got TWO jobs, a college-level seminar, and a type-A wife. Hard to add blogging on top of it all.
I had noble intentions of weighing in this utter ridiculousness of the whole immigration flap, complete with web links, sound files, and animated Power Point slides, but as there are many other bloggers out there already doing it for me, I will limit it to these few comments:
- The current legislation is not about halting immigration. It is about halting infiltration. You would think this would be glaringly self-evident, but the truth is seldom as appealing to rampant emotionalism as a carefully fostered lie.
- People seem to forget that, despite the best efforts of the progressives and globalists, we are still a sovereign nation, and as such, we have the right to say who can or cannot enter our country.
- No one is saying don't immigrate. They are saying DO immigrate. As in, enter the country legally, apply for citizenship, then live, work, play, pay, and die here like a proud US citizen.
- Sneaking across the border in the dead of night, making no attempt and having no desire to become a citizen, then getting all pissy because you can't have free medical care and in-state tuition is, to me, just a tad 'effin ignorant.
- Contrary to the current popular activist whimsy and the prevailing social meme, the above four comments do not constitute racism, but instead...wait for it...a pragmatic and one would think intuitive approach to managing immigration.
- A country which fails to limit unchecked immigration by those with no vested interest in its culture or way of life, will soon cease to be a country. Without a unifying culture and common set of principles, we become nothing more than a dumping ground for scavengers who take what they want and leave. We will be torn asunder from within by the kind of sectarian violence which weakened Rome to the point that the mighty empire fell prey to depredations of marauding bands, if only because the populace could not be roused to defend itself.
- If # 6 get's you all in a fluff, I should need only mention the word "AZTLAN" to shut you up.
- I must ask...if you are not a citizen, are you really an American?
- When you equate devout patriotism to jingoism and emergent fascism, your sense of cultural identity and national identity has already become dangerously blurred.
Well, that's my $1.05 worth. I'll be checking in from time to time, and dropping by some of the blogs on my list as time allows, but sadly, i must put this thing on the back burner for the foreseeable future.
God bless. Unless that offends you. In which case, I guess you're on your own.