Saturday, January 14, 2006

A Point of Clarification, If I May...

If I thought for one second that an American president had intentionally falsified intelligence information (or ordered it to be done, since the President does not generate nor analyze intel products) in order to connive this country into going to war under false pretenses in order to satisfy a personal grudge or other personal or corporate agenda, I would be at the head of the line demanding not only his impeachment, but clamoring for his arrest and imprisonment for high treason.

But I don't think this for even one second. And I present to you that no actual evidence of such conduct exists. Moreover, I DEMAND that those who continue to make such libelous and damning accusations against a sitting president in time of war PRODUCE THE EVIDENCE WHICH SUPPORTS THEIR CHARGES.

Until they can, I propose that they adopt this singularly cogent and appropriate course of action:


UPDATE:
Upon reflection, don't STFU. Stifling debate is the last thing I want to support.
I merely think that if you are going to call the President of the United States a War Criminal, Traitor, and pathological liar, you had better be able to back it up with more than an uneasy feeling and an ambiguous memo.