Thursday, December 15, 2005

Of all the things in the world to worry about....

Real or Fake?

And no, we aren't talking about boobs here.

Although, IMHO, the answer is the same for either.


(Real, of course!)


Folks, I lived in Seattle for 15 years, and I can tell you authoritatively, pine trees grow like weeds. I used to pull pine sprouts out of my backyard by the wheelbarrow-full. A highly renewable resource.

On a side note, trees have very little to do with a Christian observance of the birth of Our Savior. That said, there ain't nothing like the smell of a fresh cut tree in the living room, or the beauty of a tree decorated with loving care by the whole family.

Evergreens are a fond and popular part of traditional christmas celebrations, but are by no means to be considered somehow a fundamental element of Christian observances.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to put on my harp seal fur coat and snuggle on my polar bear skin rug in front of a cheery fire of redwood and south american teak.