Wednesday, November 09, 2005

U.S. USED CHEMICAL WEAPONS IN FALLUJAH!!

Apparently we have seen the enemy, and it is US! (With or without the periods.)

Here I was, all ready to go to bed, but of course I just HAD to stop by ol' Joe's Place before shutting down. And what did I see!?

In a ground breaking news story, The Independent, a staunch bastion of journalistic excellence back in the Mother country, has uncovered the widespread use in of a highly toxic chemical weapon, (read: WMD) in the battle for Fallujah, known in covert and hush-hush military circles as...wait for it.....drrrrrrmmmmmmmrollllll... "White Phosphorous." The OUTRAGE! The HORROR!

Ever since the assault, which went unreported by any Western journalists...

Think maybe there might be a frickin' reason for that? Besides, you know, how western journalists are always covering things up for the US military.

On 10 November last year, the Islam Online website wrote: "US troops are reportedly using chemical weapons and poisonous gas in its large-scale offensive on the Iraqi resistance bastion of Fallujah, a grim reminder of Saddam Hussein's alleged gassing of the Kurds in 1988."

The website quoted insurgent sources as saying: "The US occupation troops are gassing resistance fighters and confronting them with internationally banned
chemical weapons."

The website quoted INSURGENTS?! This is one of their "sources?!" And "Islam Online" is equating the limited use of white phosphorous rounds with the wholesale slaughter of the Kurds? Got it. Read the Islam Online article. It speaks with outrage and horror about how the "...fatal weapons led to the deaths of tens of innocent civilians, whose bodies litter sidewalks and streets..." Uhm...bodies stacked up by the...tens? We had to blanket fallujah with WP to get tens of casualties? Why didn't we just drive a car bomb into a group of school children?

It also praises the "steadfast and fierce resistance put up by Fallujah people," and of course uses only unnamed sources. And yet it is referenced as a key element of evidence by the Independent's expose'.

A biologist in Fallujah, Mohamad Tareq, interviewed for the film, says: "A rain of fire fell on the city, the people struck by this multi-coloured substance started to burn, we found people dead with strange wounds, the bodies burned but the clothes intact."

Multi-coloured? Ahhhh, you must have seen the new soooper top-secret "Rainbow Phosphorous" used only by the spec ops boys from Area 51. Because last I heard, white phosporous is, well, white. And this sounds more like the effects of a neutron bomb. Which of course, we probably used too, but none of those pesky western journalists noticed THAT either.

Dr. Tareq went on to elaborate on his experience: "And then the aliens who had abducted me inserted the probe into my sinus, penetrated my anus for purely medical reasons I'm sure, and then returned me to my tent. I awoke to find myself naked, surrounded by 13 empty flasks of fermented goat urine, and my tent-mate Rashid had a big smile on his face."

The damning photos are here on the referenced website (I think). They show one airburst round. Then the last two frames are extreme close-up/zooms, which make it look like huge fireballs falling over the roofs of Fallujah. Come on, guys. Did you get your Photoshop expertise the same place as USA Today?

And hey, didn't some Italian journalist accidently get killed by US forces in Iraq? One wouldn't be so cynical as to suspect that an Italian news source might have an anti-US AGENDA now, would one?

Folks, white phosphorous (Willy Pete) has been around since before WWII. It is used for marking, screening, and yes, incendiary purposes. If you read ol' Wikipedia's description, it's hard to reconcile that with "flesh melting off the bones", while apparently leaving clothing unscathed. I have no doubt that we used WP in Fallujah...we dropped a shitload of a lot of things on Fallujah. No, you're not supposed to specifically target people with WP. But, if you drop a WP mortar round near a building from which you are taking heavy fire, and ol' Mutha Faq'r sucks in a lungful or two before the 1000 pounds of HE (high explosive) dropped from the F/A-18 caves in the effin' roof, did you really commit a war crime?

I've talked with grunts who were there. Fallujah was full of stuff right out of Saving Private Ryan. It was straight up war. Dirty, nasty, knife-in-the-throat urban combat. Did "tens" of people really die from exposure to white phosophorous smoke? Maybe. And you know what? That is sad, and tragic if they weren't combatants. But you know what else? Either way, it wasn't a war crime.

It was just plain war.

Next thing you know, they'll be using that evil dihydrogen oxide on the ususpecting innocents of Iraq. As a matter of fact, I hear we're working night and day to find all sorts of ways of pumping it right into peoples' homes! Just like the showers in Auschwitz! Luckily, the insurgents keep blowing up the pumping stations. Whew!!

One more thing to remember: Though not all civilians are insurgents, all "insurgents" are civilians.

UPDATE: Joe provided me a link to the video in question.

UPDATE II:

A realted interview here. And a quote from one of the documentary's sources, former Marine Jeff Englehart:

Well, based off where I was at, I wasn't actually involved in direct combat. I was in a tactical attack center. Basically I was danger close, which means 200 meters from a lot of the explosions that were happening.

"I wasn't actually involved in direct combat." But I'm somehow a credible source as to what was going on at the locations of those explosions.

I know for a fact I heard it being called for on the radio.

Again, this is how he "knows" we used chemical weapons. He heard a call for fire, over the radio, requesting WP. Yup, might as well have watched them pull the levers at Auschwitz.

I wonder if Jimmy Massey and Jeff Englehart hang out, have beers together?

UPDATE III:

Here is Jeff Englehart's Blog. Read it for yourself. Here's one interesting comment:

What I find to be commonplace is the people who label me a traitor, call me a coward, and then accuse me of sedition are always the misinformed, close minded, naïve and ignorant soldiers who have been deceived by their chain of command, from the President all the way down to the lowest level, into believing in a twisted cause to establish a world police force across the globe under the guise of a war against terrorism.

Cindy? Cindy Sheehan, is that you?

While I was in the army I was labeled a problem simply because I did not believe in the war, and I was vocal about it.

Ahhh. The fog begins to clear a bit...

I never could understand how anyone involved with the Iraqi OCCUPATION could whole-heartedly support it. The foul machinations behind it should be crystal clear, but then again military brain washing is rampant and seems to affect everyone with a myopic scope of reality.

Really, doesn't this sound all too familiar?