Sunday, October 30, 2005

From the “Things You Probably Didn’t Want To Know, But Are About To Find Out Anyway” Files:

I'm sure there are several similar memes out there, but I figured I'd save time trying to dig one up and start my own. This is a partial list of course, but I think a fairly good cross section. So, without further ado, "stuff you didn't ask, but I'm gonna tell you anyway"

Things I don’t understand:
  • Why Catholics call her the “Virgin Mary,” when by all accounts she isn’t a virgin anymore.
  • This whole “separation of Church and State” meme.
  • The rabid, feet-kicking, ear-plugging refusal of so many to allow Intelligent Design into the scientific arena.
  • Tofu
  • The appeal of body piercing
  • The popularity of the Beatles.
  • How gays calling hetros "breeders" is any different than hetros calling gays"faggots." Maybe that's the point. I dunno.

Things I want to do before I die:

  • Build a rock wall in my garden out of smooth, round river rocks
  • Learn more about wine.
  • Hold a grandchild
  • Get a book published
  • Buy some land in the mountains somewhere, and build a cabin.

Favorite Authors:

  • Robert Heinlein
  • David Eddings
  • Dean Koontz
  • Robert Jordan

Favorite Music/Bands:

  • Techno-pulse/Electronica
  • Green Day
  • Sonic Flood
  • MegaDeth
  • Queensryche
  • Scorpions
  • Michael W. Smith
  • Tchaikovsky
  • Jackson Browne
  • Brian Adams
  • Huey Lewis and the News

Greatest Sources of Irritation:

  • Cell-phone loud-talkers
  • Telemarketers
  • SPAM!
  • Sprinkles on the toilet seat
  • Toilet paper roll that feeds under, not OVER
  • Liberal atheists who spout off about how a Christian should act.

Greatest Sources of Joy:

  • My children
  • Books books books
  • Sunsets
  • Backpacking
  • Writiing
  • Food. Good food. Japanese food.
  • Wine
  • Microbrews

Number of Miracles experience to date:

  • I’ve lost count

Times I should have probably died, but somehow didn’t:

  • 5

Greatest Accomplishments to date:

  • Getting commissioned as a Marine Corps Officer
  • Financing my own vehicle and home
  • Got to shake hands and shoot the bull with Lee Ermey
  • Tank Platoon Commander. Oo-frickin-RAH!
  • Raising two fairly obedient and charming children, despite a checkered youth of my own. (So far, so good!)
  • Staying married for 10+ years. Actually, this accomplishment probably belongs to my wife!
  • Having someone tell me that I brought her back to Christ because I walked the walk, not just talked the talk.

That's it for now.