From the “Things You Probably Didn’t Want To Know, But Are About To Find Out Anyway” Files:
I'm sure there are several similar memes out there, but I figured I'd save time trying to dig one up and start my own. This is a partial list of course, but I think a fairly good cross section. So, without further ado, "stuff you didn't ask, but I'm gonna tell you anyway"
Things I don’t understand:
- Why Catholics call her the “Virgin Mary,” when by all accounts she isn’t a virgin anymore.
- This whole “separation of Church and State” meme.
- The rabid, feet-kicking, ear-plugging refusal of so many to allow Intelligent Design into the scientific arena.
- The appeal of body piercing
- The popularity of the Beatles.
- How gays calling hetros "breeders" is any different than hetros calling gays"faggots." Maybe that's the point. I dunno.
Things I want to do before I die:
- Build a rock wall in my garden out of smooth, round river rocks
- Learn more about wine.
- Hold a grandchild
- Get a book published
- Buy some land in the mountains somewhere, and build a cabin.
- Robert Heinlein
- David Eddings
- Dean Koontz
- Robert Jordan
- Green Day
- Sonic Flood
- Michael W. Smith
- Jackson Browne
- Brian Adams
- Huey Lewis and the News
Greatest Sources of Irritation:
- Cell-phone loud-talkers
- Sprinkles on the toilet seat
- Toilet paper roll that feeds under, not OVER
- Liberal atheists who spout off about how a Christian should act.
Greatest Sources of Joy:
- My children
- Books books books
- Food. Good food. Japanese food.
Number of Miracles experience to date:
- I’ve lost count
Times I should have probably died, but somehow didn’t:
Greatest Accomplishments to date:
- Getting commissioned as a Marine Corps Officer
- Financing my own vehicle and home
- Got to shake hands and shoot the bull with Lee Ermey
- Tank Platoon Commander. Oo-frickin-RAH!
- Raising two fairly obedient and charming children, despite a checkered youth of my own. (So far, so good!)
- Staying married for 10+ years. Actually, this accomplishment probably belongs to my wife!
- Having someone tell me that I brought her back to Christ because I walked the walk, not just talked the talk.
That's it for now.